Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

How to make your own Giant iPad Bulletin Board!

Making an iPad Bulletin Board was part of my plan from W-A-Y back. With our school’s brand new set of iPads, I thought it would be a great way to get students excited and talking about our new technology.

I had planned to just make it out of black bulletin board paper like I made my giant monitor in the computer lab back in the d-a-y.

But after seeing lots of bloggers making ginormous prints at office supply stores for mega cheap, I started thinking maybe I should create an image on the computer and have it printed.

I turned to my sister for help in drawing an ipad for me, but instead she came up with an actual iPad image that was large enough to be printed bulletin board size.

I took that image on a flash drive to Office Depot and they printed a 3′ by 4′ engineer print in black and white for me. It was $5.80 something for black and white when full color would have been around $20.

I found some app icons to put on our ipad and printed them in color on my printer.

I laminated everything and put it all together with an all out Teacher-fied cheesy caption… “Welcome to ourPad! Let’s have an app-ealing year!”

I love how it turned out, and it’s definitely an eye catcher!

What do you think? I think it’s big and bright and fun!

Here’s the files for you…. iPad & icons.  Let me know if you decide to try it!

*Edit… I have updated the files for those that were having trouble downloading.

Linking up to.. Weekend Bloggy Link upFive Days Five Ways, and 4th Grade Frolics!

50 Responses to How to make your own Giant iPad Bulletin Board!
  1. Barb
    August 31, 2012 | 7:16 am

How fun! I LOVE it and the way you are engaging the kids.

Barb
    Second Chance to Dream

2. Bette
    August 31, 2012 | 8:20 am

Love how it turned out!

3. Jessica @ Decor Adventures
    August 31, 2012 | 12:35 pm

How cute is that!

You should come up with some kind of game to do on it. Like students select an app and then you do that activity.
    Jessica @ Decor Adventures recently posted..New Granite Kitchen IslandMy Profile

August 31, 2012 | 6:30 pm

They would love that!

4. Christina
    September 8, 2012 | 5:53 pm

very neat idea! David “may” be winning an iPad at work and since he just won another tablet (he got to choose this one and he got what he wanted), I think I am getting the iPad! Super excited :) maybe I will even take a liking to Apple product – who knows?? :)

5. [...] is the other side of the room with our cubbies and my desk.  I moved the giant iPad over here because I think it’s just awesome enough to have up all year!  Isn’t the [...]

6. Suzanne Smith
    January 8, 2013 | 8:48 pm

I would love to do the IPAD bulletin board, but I am having trouble finding the app icons. I clicked your link and it says your dropbox is empty. Where did you find them? I love them.

January 8, 2013 | 9:14 pm

Whoops… moved some stuff around in dropbox and it messed up some links! Sorry about that. The apps should be ready to download!

7. maryellen
    January 22, 2013 | 12:46 pm

Love it – wish to make for a pto bulletin board. I downloaded the apps but the ipad copy looks to be just a big black rectangle. Your printed one looks different. Is the copy on dropbox correct? thanks

February 2, 2013 | 3:42 pm

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply! I don’t know why it’s showing as a black rectangle, but when you click to download it, it should open as the actual ipad picture. I just tested it and it worked for me. LMK if it’s still not working for you and I can email you the file.

• maryellen
        February 25, 2013 | 8:50 am

I was able to open the file – downloaded thru dropbox. I took it to Staples but they could not print, they need it in a pdf not jpg. Anyway you have it as a pdf?

8. Kristin
    July 20, 2013 | 10:29 am

Cute! My classroom theme is iPad and iPods. I just created out of scrapbook paper little iPod name tags for their lockers. I’m gonna make a welcoming bulletin outside my class like a words with friends game using their first names. I’d love to have a copy of your iPad to hang in my classroom door or somewhere inside. Can you send me the link for the image!?! Love your blog

July 21, 2013 | 8:16 pm

I don’t know why it’s showing as a black rectangle, but you click the link right above the ipad pic that says “ipad image” to download it, and it should open as the actual ipad picture. I tested it and it worked for me. LMK if it’s still not working for you… Love that theme and I’m sure your kids will too! I also enlarged the slide to unlock graphic and put that on my classroom door. The kids loved pretending to unlock it as they came in. :) Here’s the file if you want it! https://www.dropbox.com/s/vusdknw7fwzaz3u/slide%20to%20unlock.xlsx
      It prints on several pieces of paper. Then you trim it and glue together, laminate and it looks awesome!
      Renee recently posted..Winner, Winner… Chicken DinnerMy Profile

• Kim
        August 5, 2013 | 1:14 pm

When you actually download and view it, you can see the iPad. :)

9. jennifer
    July 28, 2013 | 12:47 am

Hello,
    I love your ipad. Thank you for including images to download. I have one question, did you have Office Depot print in black and white and then you colored in the bottom icons or did you spend the $20 to have it printed in color?
    Thanks,
    Jennifer

July 28, 2013 | 10:06 pm

I had it printed in black & white. I printed the bottom icons on my home computer in color and glued them over the black and white ones. :)

10. Katie
    July 31, 2013 | 9:50 pm

I absolutely love this idea. I tried to download the iPad, but I also get a black rectangle. I have tried it on three different computers and still can’t get it to work. I tried both downloading and opening it through Dropbox with no luck. Any suggestions or would you be willing to email me the attachment? Thank you for your help!!

August 2, 2013 | 10:57 am

Sorry you are having trouble. :( Did you download it and then open it on your computer and it was still a black box? Here is the google docs file to try though for some reason the preview won’t work on it either. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_035fPQVeMsOHZFc3l4eXJxdU0/edit?usp=sharing I tested it as well and it also works once you download and open it on your computer. LMK if that doesn’t work either.

11. Wendi
    August 2, 2013 | 10:16 am

I know it has been awhile since you posted this but I love this idea! I also tried all the above to get into my dropbox, and the iPad image link above the pic but still keep getting the black rectangle. Do you have another option?

12. Jenny
    August 2, 2013 | 5:01 pm

Hi! I love the your idea of using an Ipad image for a bulletin board. I would love to use it for a bulletin board in my health class. I have tried many times to get it to download correctly to Staples website and most times I can’t get it to download to either a drop box or through picasa. It did work once, but it was the size of an avatar image. I have also used all the links you have given to others in your comments. Any suggestions?

• Jenny
      August 5, 2013 | 10:11 am

Thanks Renee! The email with the link you sent worked for me and I was able to get an engineer print at Staples made. Can’t wait to get it the bulletin board up in the classroom in the next couple days!

13. Rachel
    August 6, 2013 | 6:44 am

I just made a 2′x4′ version yesterday! $4 at Office Max. I went online to get some additional app pictures that I liked! I am using this in our school library with the cheesy line “iRead. tAPPing to learn.” Thank you so much for the idea and files.

August 27, 2013 | 8:39 pm

Awesome! Would love to see a pic if you can!

14. Kim
    August 13, 2013 | 2:21 am

Just finished my door…got a 2′ x 3′ B&W print at Office Depot for $4.99, added the colored icons from your download, and created contact icons for each student with their names on them to surround the huge iPad on the door. Copied your caption almost exactly, “Welcome to 4thPad” Here’s to an app-ealing year.” Will let you know if I win the door contest this week. ;) THANK YOU for your generous spirit in sharing this and your other free printables. :) Love your blog.

August 27, 2013 | 8:40 pm

So cool! Love the idea of using the contact icon for each student… that’s perfect! Would love to see a pic if you can!

15. Andria Impson
    August 16, 2013 | 2:05 am

HI. I am trying to recreate the ‘SUCCESS’ ipad board. There are some catchy success oriented captions under the smaller icons that I can’t read because they are too small. Can you help me out? Thanks! :)

16. Lisa B
    August 16, 2013 | 9:55 pm

Hi All,
    I opened in PhotoShop and saved pdf. Here’s the link if anyone is interested.

17. Jennifer Uniglicht
    August 22, 2013 | 10:48 am

So, I took your image to a popular office supply store ( they don’t want to be named because they said making copies of copyright images is not allowed, but they did it anyway) and I asked for the image in color – figuring $20 wasn’t a big deal. The lady tells me it will take 4 hours to do in color but only 5 minutes to do it in black and white. So I said ” Well it’s only what, $15 more for color? I can come back” and she responds ” No…it will be $86 in color!” So glad I asked first!

Working on this now…hoping it comes out looking great. I can’t laminate it though because no one has a laminator big enough.

18. Heather
    August 22, 2013 | 10:06 pm

I love the iPad board. I am going to do one and call it IRead. Anyways I thought having it printed out was a great idea. I tried to go and download it but the image was just black. Just wondering if you can help me. Also I was wondering did your sister do this herself? Because I am looking for one also for Instagram.
    Heather B

19. Erin
    August 28, 2013 | 2:53 pm

Thank you for posting this! Our theme this year is “Baker has the APPS for Excellence,” so I copied an image of an iPad, used your amazing icons, and made an “iCan” image outside my door. It took a little while to make it work in Publisher, but I finally got it! Here’s my version on Dropbox: http://db.tt/wrZkgLhg

20. Angie
    September 4, 2013 | 7:02 pm

Great idea! Is the engineer print come
    Out in pieces that I have to put together or is it one giant paper? Did it print on regular paper or did you choose a thicker paper for it? Just curious as to how I can make it more sturdy and laminate. Thanks for your help!! :)

September 4, 2013 | 7:45 pm

It comes out in one huge piece. I had to cut it down the middle so it would fit in our laminator at school. Then when I just stapled the two pieces up on the board. I loved mine so much that I used it all year, but to store it for the summer I just rolled it up and put a rubber band on it, and it worked great!
      Renee recently posted..Classroom Tour 2013!My Profile

21. Stephanie
    September 11, 2013 | 9:25 am

What size engineer print did you end up getting, 2′ x 3′ or 3′ x 4′? I want to make sure your apps are the appropriate size when I print them. Thank you! Looks awesome :)

22. Karalin
    October 18, 2013 | 12:30 pm

This is so awesome! Thank you so, so, so much!

23. Barbara
    October 31, 2013 | 8:18 am

What fonts did you use to write:
    Have an App-ealing Year?

I love the look and the idea!

Thanks a bunch for your help.

24. Tricia
    July 14, 2014 | 5:04 pm

I love your iPad bulletin board! I am not able to view/print the image…..says “Dropbox empty!”

Help????

July 29, 2014 | 8:21 pm

Tricia, I have updated the links! Sorry for the delay!

25. Marquis
    July 16, 2014 | 1:17 pm

Hi,
    I love your idea. I clicked to see if I could see your images to use but it says it’s no longer available. Can you please send me the files? ( iPad and apps) I would be so appreciative!

July 29, 2014 | 8:22 pm

I have updated the links! Sorry for the delay!

26. Zandra Williams
    July 22, 2014 | 12:06 am

Can you send me the file for your IPAD and icons? My church loves this idea for our VBS

July 29, 2014 | 8:22 pm

I have updated the links! Sorry for the delay!

27. Heather
    July 23, 2014 | 9:11 pm

I would love to get these files as well…DROPBOX says empty! Please send!

Thanks!

July 29, 2014 | 8:22 pm

I have updated the links! Sorry for the delay!

28. Donna
    July 23, 2014 | 10:18 pm

Hi Renee, can you send me the file for the iPad and aps also? Thanks for sharing!

July 29, 2014 | 8:23 pm

I have updated the links! Sorry for the delay!

29. Shelley
    July 24, 2014 | 3:43 pm

Hi Renee,
    Can you please send me the files for the iPad and apps? Love it! Thanks!

July 29, 2014 | 8:23 pm

I have updated the links! Sorry for the delay!

30. Natasha Pritchett
    July 29, 2014 | 1:57 pm

Hi Renee,

Can you please send me the files for the iPad and apps? When you printed everything did you do black and white or color?

July 29, 2014 | 8:24 pm

I have updated the links! Sorry for the delay! I had the ipad printed in black and white and then I printed the apps at home in color.